My Uni Life

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Still not gone

Ok, since I last posted I FINALLY got my Student Bank Account sorted(only took 5 trips to the Halifax), saw Bolton play shite(some may say like usual [meaning Paul]) but still win due to a last minute penalty(What a Save/Handball by Dunne, and great penalty by Speedo[not the swimming trunks!]) and then tonight went to the Boundary Stone and Yew Tree for Curry Night, and then a couple of pints with James H, Paul and Rob. Its probably the last time I'll see you three, so enjoy your time at Uni!!! Also got some stationary(for Uni of course) and a Hoegarden glass(that makes 3 from the great Belgian beer company) to keep me stocked up at Uni. Doubt i'll be doing much tomorrow, apart from maybe start to pack(can't believe I go in 2 1/2 days!!!)

Hope everyone whos gone, and about to go has enjoyed/will enjoy freshers week, and of course the lectures, lol.I guess some of you will be starting on Monday(while I'm partying out at Freshers week!!! :D hehe), hope they don't work you too hard (like Cambridge look like they will be doing to Paul on his 1st/2nd day :D I'm not evil *angel face* ) while I'm partying hard :D

Cya soon
Chris

5 Comments:

  • I have some redemption though. I'm at THE party college and although they will lecture me in the first couple of days, my Freshers' Fun will then start up, and it'll make the work all worthwhile!

    By Blogger Paul, at 8:15 pm  

  • Finally I have heard someone else tell of their tales from a bank which doesn't seem easy and straight forward! 5 trip to the bank? I know what you mean! Since April I'd been trying to open an account up but no luck...then tried again during the Summer gone and no luck once more! However, one helpful assistant sorting it out later, perhaps with the presence of my dad, I opened the account up. I reckon James used this to his advantage when the bank actually treated him like a valued customer and sorted it out.

    Anyway, that's one rant from me already! Glad you're preparing well as I barely did anything like that! Stationary? wow!

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 12:12 am  

  • LOL. Well i ain't gonna get my card for a few weeks so I'm living out of my pocket/bank book for the first few weeks at least(luckily theres a Nationwide[where my other account is] about 5mins off Campus, Thank God!Itll be nice not to have to spend £3 to get some money)

    By Blogger chris, at 5:38 pm  

  • sry if this comment is rather useless but I really dont have a lot of time
    how can you not know your address if you're leaving so soon? wich you a plesent jurny and a great few days if you dont hear from me from now till then
    love yaz all
    (no I dont just say that cus of the beer)
    Adriana

    By Blogger Adriana, at 5:28 pm  

  • I don't mean to gloat, but two trips was all it took me!

    Opened two accounts, one to get the free student gift, and the other to actually use with the nice interest rate. All my cards and chequebooks are through now, just waiting on the railcard in the post and a paying-in book for both accounts. I don't see why you lot had problems.

    By Blogger Paul, at 8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home