My Uni Life

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Poker and Darts

Right, the year before us had a dartsboard in the kitchen, and the wall and pin board are full of holes where the darts went in. So being the great sheep that we've been treated as(to get to the freshers parties....) our flat decided to buy a Dartsboard(we already had darts) and then bought some poker chips for the great nights in. So far we've played poker with 2 other flats, and had some girls from upstairs round a couple of times to play and chat. Its such a cool game, we really need to incorporate it into our "gatherings" Its free afterall!!!
Tonight signals the end of freshers here, with a huge party at none other than Rock City(big concert venue) with bands including Rooster(ermmmmm not gonna talk bout that) and a Green Day tribute band(I think, theyre called Green Bay, so they better be!!!lol) The lack of sleep really will catch upto me on Monday when I have to be up early, stupid timetable people, lol. But this week sure has been great!

Anyway, i'm gonna stop now cos i've no idea what to say, cya'll soon

Chris

6 Comments:

  • First off, good to see updates! Even during such cool Freshers weeks, you have taken the time to post, good man! Yes, we need to learn more card games I reckon or at least a few more drinking games, but I'm not sure about the idea of us drunks handling darts though! You may cope, but my aim would go off pretty easily!

    I think that same Green Day tribute band played at the academy but not sure how good they were.

    By Blogger Scotty, at 4:19 pm  

  • Oh, forgot to say...thanks for the band hunting...Pollen played last night at the Dry Bar, which is one I haven't yet been to in Manchester, but somewhere I intend to check out soon. Thanks for the alert but I didn't make it as I came back for the Bolton game.

    *thumbs up*

    By Blogger Scotty, at 4:20 pm  

  • *cough*bastard*cough

    Sorry, bad cough I've got there

    Anyway, Green Bay were really good (even played pretty much the same set as GD did when they toured just shorter) Rooster were pretty good actually, although not knowing the songs didn't help, but I'll make sure to listen to a few soon. The other bands that played were Rain (kinda jazzy, played other peoples songs mainly, but they were really cool to dance along to and it was good music, worth a listen) and Bodyrockers(again, good, another kinda known band [sure most of you know the song "I like the way you move" or whatever its called, even if u don't recognise the name]) On the whole, it was a end of Freshers week party!!!!

    By Blogger chris, at 12:51 pm  

  • Sorry to bombard comments on here, but you are the luck bastard! Bodyrockers? Awesome stuff and everyone I know is more than enough jealous of the fact you were able to see them! ;p

    By Blogger Scotty, at 4:30 pm  

  • Lol, poor them. They should have come to Notts clearly, its their own faults that they missed out!

    By Blogger chris, at 3:05 pm  

  • Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home