My Uni Life

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Taking Over The World

No, not me, Bolton School are. Well, at least Nottingham. So far I have met: Ric Sandbrook, Danny Caulfield, Dave Burrows, Stu McCall, Rob Burton, and a guy who was in the year above. I also know that Mark Walshaw, Matt Hannon, Matt Elliott(who I saw today, but wasn't sure it was him) is also at Nottingham and also possibly Joey Vaughn Birch(not sure how to spell his name so I can't check if he actually is here) So that makes a total of either 10 or 11 people from our school who have come to Nottingham Uni. That must be close to a tenth of the whole year!!!!

I'm actually surprised I've met so many of them this soon.

Anyway, lectures started this week, and so far they haven't been too bad. We do have a teacher who manages to make Dr T sound interesting though! His voice, at 9am, after being up till close to 3am the night before, not a good thing! But anyway, despite having had one lecture so far that used some actual Mathematics instead of just the ideas behind it. Probably not the best start to the year, cos I'm just craving to get into some sums!!! Hopefully that will start soon though. Cos thats where the real fun in maths stands!

Its nice to see that Paul has got net, but with both him and Scott seemingly struggling with the way things are going, it makes me believe even more how good Campus's are! The only downside to where I am atm is the school just down the road. The kids there are just sooo cocky. Little twats :P I guess they'll grow up.....to become big twats someday. The local town has 4 supermarkets! and a Subway with the great special offer of Turkey, Ham, or Veggie Sandwiches at a whopping 99p!!!!Thats a save of about £2 per sandwich. It sounds like they are getting rid of the offer soon though so our cheap lunches will disappear, but only to be replaced by better offers according to the Manager there.

Things are going along great here, and I hope everyone is doing fine!

6 Comments:

  • Nice update there and yeah, all the way with the Subway offers, we have them posted on our notice boards...which lunches to take advanatages of, but they are for £1.99! lol

    I am on campus and it is wicked! I'm not struggling myself, I've just been very under the weather this week but also grateful for concern. So happy for you that the maths lectures are kicking in. Have you discussed the idea of infinity in depth? The guy who's doing Maths with stats had me thinking about that one for quite a while! Oh and I reckon you'll start realising that late nights and early starts mix like chalk and cheese...no seriously we tried it, not good!

    Keep on with the posts ;p

    By Blogger Scotty, at 4:29 pm  

  • We have those too, the daily specials? Well this one is different, and oh so much better!!! Buy two and u'r getting a 12incher(wahey :P) for under £2. Not bad, not bad at all. The last two days I've managed to get two great meals without cooking at all, was so cool. The flat next to ours were cooking yesterday and had a spare place so I was invited. And today I got invited to a meal at a girls flat(granted it cost £2.50, but it was still really nice) and I didn't even have any problems with doing the washing up afterwards(I even got told I should start offering my services as a washer up, for lots of money of course....) For the record yesterday(well, Friday) I had Vindaloo and Chilli Con Carne, and today was another Curry, not sure what type though. I don't think the free meals will last much longer though, but one can always hope!

    By Blogger chris, at 1:32 am  

  • hmm, forgot about this, that i could speak to my bro and see how uni it. god i miss you so much :P ill have to ring you sometime to catch up, but reading all your posts it seems like youre enjoying yourself :D im glad, you should offer to make people custard for lots of money too, well there must be something mum and dad liked about it ;P hope to hear from you soon, from your lovely sister
    kat xxxxxxxxxxx

    By Blogger moonbeam, at 7:37 pm  

  • pfff, sucks to be you! Go chew your arm off some more PJ! Subway is amazing, and cheap(well, that offer is, the normal sandwiches are abit expensive i guess), and healthy too

    By Blogger chris, at 1:06 pm  

  • Subway rules and despite it still being much inferior to the infamous Phillpotts (which incidentally have two locations here in Manchester) a good Sub is always tasty! Heck I had one this very afternoon...you keep going there Chris!

    By Blogger Scotty, at 3:20 pm  

  • Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home