My Uni Life

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I spent a minute on your Lips, and I'll spend a lifetime on your Hips

Here goes, taken me a while to write this one up:

So, I'm back from Belgium, again, and definately not for the last time, feeling sad, again, and wishing I could be back there. Time flys by too much and a week definately wasn't long enough.

The week started with a trip into Manchester with Scott and Paul for a bit of CD shopping and just a general get together. I managed to buy 4 cds in Fopp (that place is just too good, lol) and after grabbing lunch at Philpotts(well, my dinner, their lunch) I went to the station to find my seat in First Class (ah the luxury, lol) for the beginning of the journey. By 9 40 that night(Belgian time) I was on my way to Ben's house, and then quickly from there to the first party of the week at Aude's. A couple of hours, and a good few drinks(Jupiler) later, we were on our way back to Bens, but not before stopping off at his friends to watch an episode of Little Britain (they are all quite obsessed, and since knowing Ben, I have become so too)
The next day(Thursday apparently) we headed off to Aude's again, but this time for lunch, and then into Brussels for abit of a look around.

Less than an hour later, after having attempted to grab a drink to no avail, we were on the move again, this time to take me to Inge's house. After getting a drink in a Lokeren bar(but no alcohol for me thanks to a certain woman :P) Ben headed back to Brussels (another party I think) and Inge and I went to a bar to have something to eat, before we caught the bus back to Inge's house. On the way I managed to learn (most of) the Dutch alphabet.(although, sadly, I've forgotten it) At Inge's we spent abit of time on the computer, in amongst watching some Dutch TV, before watching Princess Diaries 2 late into the night (a movie I had gotten for her), although we only really watched about half of it. We kissed, which was cool to say the least, then we then stayed up until 6 30 am talking, before heading to bed quite tired.

The next day I was woken around 11, and went downstairs to find Inge already awake. We decided against our original plans of going to Brugges, and instead decided to laze around the house and watch the rest of the Princess Diaries. After that we listened to some music, before Femke came round to watch Scream and then to play some cards (I think I won, lol. Definately did better than Inge :p) That evening we went on the computer, and watched Ice Age, before going to bed much earlier than the previous night, but still around 2am.

The next day was New Years Eve, and after New Years Dinner, we headed off to the train station to go to Brussels. An uneventful train journey later and we were picked up by Ben and Aude and headed off to the party. Not gonna say much about the party, wasn't the best, but was still enjoyable. The stroke of midnight was good though. Getting covered in Champagne,and getting a New Years Kiss were definately moments to savour.
We headed back to Bens around 4 in the morning leaving the house in quite a state, and then falling asleep very quickly.

First day of the New Year, and I changed my plans to go back to Inge's for another day, and after a very eventful train journey and a funny confuctor (yes Inge, i admit he got me laughing, but not cos of the reason u found him funny:P) we arrived back in Lokeren around midday. On the bus trip back to Inge's I managed to learn the Dutch alphabet, and then almost immediately forget it. But i have learnt to count to 3 in Dutch, so at least i got somewhere, lol. Once again we lazed around the house, and spent a while in Inge's room listening to music and doing some "horizontal hugging" as Wilko calls it. It was another late night before heading off to sleep.

The final full day in Belgium, and I had to say goodbye to Inge at the train station before heading off to Brussels again. The train journey was quite boring, with there being a 10minute stop off at one station for unknown reasons... That evening we headed to two bars that Ben and his friends hang out at, the first one had Stella on tap, and the second one, apparently the cheapest bar in Brussels, Maes, which is even nicer than Stella, and also had some weird Belgian Pool game. We left quite late that night quite merry and went for one last episode of Little Britain, before going back to Bens to sleep.

The next day was very uneventful, got the train from Brussels to London, where i was sat next to one of Ben's friends quite surprisingly, and then the train from London to Manchester in First Class again, and then a lift back home.


And thats that. It was a week I will never forget, and i've become much closer with Inge because of it :) Best friends forever!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • Wahoo, first to comment on this great read after the second attempt. Although I was envious of you to say the least going on a superb and then rubbing it in on New Year's eve when you celebrated midnight an hour ahead! Remarks of "quit living in the past" weren't annoying beyong belief!!! You're so 2005 etc. *shakes head*

    I know you'll miss it but try not to forget your cool memories of the place and your time with Inge there. Must back there myself sometime soon too.

    The Manchester outing was good, just before you went away, especially the Phillpotts delights!

    Want more updates on your university soon though! *taps foot impatiently like Sonic the Hedgehog!*

    By Blogger Scotty, at 10:44 pm  

  • Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home